June 23, 2008
Can you hear me? Is this thing on?
Posted by raptorgirl at June 23, 2008 08:01 PM
- Lose 5 lbs.
Run a 5k race - completed 18.07.08 in approx. 31 minutes.
Run a 10k race - completed 12.10.08 in 1:00:52 (Munich marathon 10k)
- Run a half-marathon
- Do a triathlon
- Drink 5 cups of water a day
- Learn freestyle swimming
- Go swimming 4 times per month
- Keep up with rowing
- Find a good moisturizer
- Moisturize daily
- Take better care of teeth
Learn to ski - Learned and forgotten. The lesson for this one is that I hate going downhill, in any form of transport, with slippery sticks attached to my feet topping the list
- Get a yearly physical
- Visit 5 new countries
- Get a proper flash for my camera
- Get two new (to me) lenses for my camera and use them
- Upload 25 new pictures to flickr per month
- Participate in 10 photography challenges (excluding project 365)
- Complete Project 365
- Explore Munich
- Organize scavenger hunt
- See a game at Allianz Arena
Watch Seinfeld with Michael
Donate 1500 NIS per year to Fat Meir’s Kitchen - Sizable donation made February 2010 to cover last three years, hope to continue doing so, wishing I didn't have to.
- Go on an overnight motorcycle trip
Cook a whole chicken - Done twice. So easy. Interesting post from Michael Ruhlman should get you to do it too.
- Cook a perfect steak
Make sushi - Done at a sushi workshop at Fat Meir’s Kitchen recently. Still have to try at home.
- Cure olives
- Make pickles
- Make ice cream
- Get Dorie Greenspan’s Baking from my home to yours
- Make a cookbook of favourite family recipes, including photos and distribute to family members
- Hang pictures on walls at home
Buy a lamp for the kitchen - Sort of done. Well, not really, but I've moved out of that apartment and the new kitchen doesn't require one.
Buy a lamp for the hallway - We bought three really cool paper lamps at winter Tollwood. Two are hanging already and we need to hang the third.
- Have a proper guest bathroom kit at the ready
- Buy print from Geninne
Buy art on Etsy - Bought beautiful prints from this gorgeous store.
- Buy a mid-century sideboard
- Make the apartment more colourful
- Have Miriam make me a custom vinaigrier
- Clean apartment for 5 minutes every day
- Camouflage litterboxes
Reupholster living room furniture
- Done by the super-talented father-in-law of my former colleague. Photos once we train the cats not to wreck them.
Fix and hang mirror bought on eBay - We hung it up a few months ago. Unfortunately when we came home from our last trip up north we found it shattered on the floor. Bummer.
- Finish knitting a scarf
Learn salsa - Did four courses at a school in Munich and loved it, but stopped dancing after our trip to Cuba.
- Read camera manual
- Make a photo book
- Learn to play chess
- Make scratched paintings on canvas
Live a more sustainable life, reducing consumption and making things myself - In Germany, recycled almost everything, grew a garden, tried to shope locally. Now in England, doing everything to make things from scratch, buy locally, and generally leave less of a negative impact on the earth. Am thisclose to dumpster diving.
Plant a herb „garden“ - Done successfully in Munich, currently germinating next batch for our English garden.
Make vinegar - Turned some old wine into white wine vinegar (intentionally). Took forever. Now want to start a red wine crock. - completed June 2008 (I'm leaving out the precise date because I *may* have done this before the official start date).
- Make yogurt
Start my own compost heap - Accidentally put kitchen waste in the garden-waste-only bin. Have ordered a proper bin (they are heavily subsidized by the council here) and will transfer the contents when it arrives. Need some worms, but found a tackle shop in town, so should be ok.
- Pick fruit at a self-picking field
- Make jam from self-picked fruit
Purchase carbon offsetting for flights whenever possible - I've done this on every flight it's been available on so far and will continue to do so.
- Buy most produce at the farmer’s market
Plant a tomato plant
- Can my own tomatoes
- Take lunch to work 3 days a week
Start a monthly savings plan (€350)
Start a monthly shipping savings plan (€150)
- Put €10 in savings for every completed task
- Launch my website
- Take editing/writing course
- Buy a style guide
- Find a passive income stream
- Learn to use Trados properly
- Raise favourite client’s rate
- Get a good office chair
Attend a conference other than ITA - Attended a very interesting food translation seminar in Inverness, Scotland, in June 2010, held by the Scottish chapter of the ITI.
Get an external hard drive - I got a couple of these. They don't have the best capacity and aren't top of the line, but damn, I feel like I'm drinking my files out of a flask. Gorgeous. I got one in black and one in a pinkish shade
- Find who owns translation rights to AT
- Learn 50 German words per week for 1 month (total 200)
Get Pimsler German CDs - Bought in US in November 2010. Discovered that they would have been helpful when I first started learning German (though Michel Thomas was an excellent audio program too), but were a bit too simplistic at this stage.
- Find a place to hem all my jeans
- Revive and keep up blog
- Participate in http://www.nablopomo.com/
- Sell red Crumpler bag and use money towards photo gear
- Learn to parallel park
- Drive a Smart
- Drive a Trabi
- Construct a cat perch
- Find a way to make the cats get along
- Send a postcard once a month
Read 101 books - Stopped counting. I read between two and three books a week, so I've got this one WAY covered.
- Subscribe to British Homes and Gardens
Subscribe to delicious. (Australian version) - Subscribed to the English version after all. Love it. The Oz version was prohibitively expensive.
- Send 6 care packages a year to a friend or a relative
Get new bed linens - Have bought a couple of sets recently. Love you, TK Maxx!
- Sew bed cover
Teach M my family tree so he stops crying at the mention of yet another cousin
- Use airmiles
- Declutter iTunes and get rid of stuff I don’t like
Watch an entire season of a TV series on DVD - Watched the entire Alias series with Michael. Started watching Mad Men but streaming takes too much juice out of my mobile wireless; may revisit once we have proper broadband.
Find and perfect pizza dough recipe - From Jamie Oliver's "Jamie at Home". Love Jamie.
Woohoo! Welcome back to the world of blogging. I think you can do everything on your list with no problem.
Thanks! I think so too, though a half marathon and a triathlon might be pushing it a little... I just did a 3k run and want to die a little (but mostly because it's a squillion degrees out with an elevnty billion humidity percentage.
Welcome back to the blogsphere baby! That's one mighty list, though I don't doubt you can do it ALL. You know I'm there for you on the workout/triathlon front, too. :)
Glad you're back!
I also want to learn canning and to do tomatoes (64).
For #100, I'd like to suggest 30 Rock, Season One; I think you'd really appreciate the humor.
Good luck! Just curious, were there any items left from your previous 100 in 1000 that didn't get done? Were they transferred to this list? And if not, why?
doomy, I've signed up for a 5k run in three weeks as a start. I've got an ironman at home to harass with questions, but I'm glad to have you as a backup :).
Lifey, I was hoping to maybe combine two tasks in one by watching a season of Seinfeld, but I'll keep that one on ice - it's quite hard to get any of those here at a reasonable price so I might have to find someone to borrow a series from.
Mom, stop being such a mom :). I finished about half of the last list, and no, the undone items are staying on that list. I'm aiming for fun, doable things this time.
Let me know if you need an address for #94.
There is noticeably a lot to identify about this. I feel you made certain nice points in features also.